McKnght’s Arjo Webinar: 5 Keys to Resident Care – In and Out of Bed
5 Keys to Resident Care – In and Out of Bed
Caring for long-term care residents is a 24/7 need. When addressing all of the activities of daily living it is important to understand how to protect both the resident and the caregiver. In this must-attend session aimed at nurses, aides, administrators, therapy staff and others, presenters will teach five keys to protecting residents from pressure injuries. Attendees also will learn how to guide effective mobilization in bed, by the bed and during seating.
Attendees will learn:
- How to optimize resident-centered care during bathing and hygiene activities
- Strategies to increase efficiency and safety while assisting with ADLs
- To differentiate the characteristics of support surfaces
- To develop a plan of care for the patient requiring a support surface
- The four principles and benefits of therapeutic seating
By watching this program live in its entirety, you can earn one (1) CE credit!
Martina Tierney OT
Founder & Clinical Director
Karen Houchins BSN, RN, CWCN
Wound Care and Bariatrics
Can’t attend live? You should still register!
We send out a recording after the live event.
INTERESTED IN EARNING CE CREDITS?
Continuing education credits are issued through NAB (National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards). You can access additional information in these Frequently Asked Questions.