COVID-19 Community Corps – May 22, 2021
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Earn up to 3 free CE credits by attending informative webinars led by national industry experts
- Find out about the latest products and industry trends at sponsor booths
- Network live with other industry attendees
- Attend from anywhere – no travel required!
Session 3: 2:00 PM ET
Understanding and reducing falls in senior living communities
Sponsored by: Omnicare
This accredited program is designed to help you better understand fall prevention in the long-term care setting. This session will outline negative impacts that falls can have on older adults, identify both intrinsic and extrinsic risk factors, review common medications that increase risk, highlight CDC’s STEADI initiative, and address fall prevention plans. This program will also walk through different case studies to reinforce how these practices can be applied to help reduce unnecessary falls.
- Understand the negative impact falls can have on older adults
- Recognize common risk factors for falls
- Identify ways to potentially reduce fall risk
Melissa J. McGuire, PharmD
Omnicare, a CVS Health company