Finding care and support for people living with dementia
It can be challenging to navigate life with dementia. However, care and support are available to help you! Help can come from many people in different ways. Support systems can include family members, friends, professional caregivers, community organizations, and others with dementia. To help identify support systems, you can:
- Ask friends or family to help with needs such as cooking, paying bills, transportation, or shopping.
- Consider letting trusted neighbors know of your diagnosis so they can help if needed.
- Use social service agencies, local nonprofits, and Area Agencies on Aging to connect with in-home help, transportation, meals, and other services.
Find these tips for care and support for people living with dementia on Alzheimers.gov.
You may also be interested in:
- Finding dementia care and local services
- Exploring tips for living alone with early-stage dementia
- Printing or ordering a free copy of Next Steps After an Alzheimer’s Diagnosis