BHSL is providing the following updates to remind you of available changes BHSL has implemented and resources that are available related to COVID-19
Dear Personal Care Home and Assisted Living Residence Providers,
BHSL is providing the following updates to remind you of available changes BHSL has implemented and resources that are available related to COVID-19.
- As of May 8, some counties have moved to the “yellow phase” of reopening; please see Governor’s phased reopening plan for Pennsylvania. For any counties that are moving into the “yellow phase”, all current restrictions related to congregate care settings remain in place.
- On March 29, 2020 Guidance Suspending and Restricting License Requirements for PCHs and ALRs was issued. Regulations addressed include:
- Criminal background checks
- Staffing ratios
- Training requirements
- Use of paper utensils
- Communal dining and activities
- Fire drills
- Medical evaluations
The full list of suspended regulations can be found at https://www.dhs.pa.gov/providers/Clearances-and-Licensing/Documents/Assisted%20Living%20Licensing/OLTL_License_Guidance_Attachment%203.29.20.pdf.
- Clinical staff through local health facilities are working with DHS to answer your questions in preparing for and managing an outbreak in your facility. https://www.dhs.pa.gov/providers/Clearances-and-Licensing/Documents/Assisted%20Living%20Licensing/ESCCP%20Health%20System%20Partners.pdf Please feel free to reach out for this free support.
- If you have not already done so, please register to participate in the free webinars and resources related to COVID-19 provided by the Jewish Healthcare Foundation at Tomorrow’s Healthcare. https://www.dhs.pa.gov/providers/Clearances-and-Licensing/Documents/Assisted%20Living%20Licensing/Learning%20and%20Support%20Network%20update.pdf. Please feel free to make recommendations for future workshops to your regional staff.
- If there is an occurrence of COVID-19 in your facility – staff or resident – please submit an incident report to BHSL and notify DOH 1-877-PA-HEALTH. Please continue to update both BHSL and DOH if subsequent positive cases are reported.
With great appreciation for all of the hard work that you are doing to protect residents and staff at this time, please contact our Operator Support Hotline for additional information at 866-503-3926 or send questions to RAfirstname.lastname@example.org.